About This Journal
Journal of Asian Energy Studies (JAES) is an international peer-reviewed journal dedicated to interdisciplinary research on all aspects of energy studies in Asia. The Journal aims to promote informed energy decision-making and improve energy policies in the region by creating new knowledge, providing practical policy recommendations, promoting knowledge exchange, and facilitating stakeholder engagement. As a non-commercial and open-access e-journal published by the Asian Energy Studies Centre (AESC) of Hong Kong Baptist University with the support of the University Library, JAES is free for both authors and readers: publication in JAES is free of charge for authors and all articles are made freely available to readers.
Why Publish with JAES?
- Integrity and Respectability: JAES adopts a rigorous double blind peer review policy, supported by a distinguished editorial board of internationally respected scholars.
- Free to Publish: We do not charge any kind of fee from authors to publish their work.
- Open Access: Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to allow for the freest and widest dissemination and re-use of open access materials.
- Easy Submission: JAES has a fully online submission process designed to avoid unnecessary work. There are only a few formatting requirements to follow.
- Fast Publication: We aim to offer you the fastest possible speed of publication.
About Asian Energy Studies Centre
The Asian Energy Studies Centre (AESC) is a university-supported research centre based in the Faculty of Social Sciences at Hong Kong Baptist University. The AESC aims to be an internationally recognised hub for sustainable energy studies on the Asian region. We are committed to pursuing excellence in academic research in the areas of sustainable energy, with particular focus from the perspectives of governance in the Asian context. We promote informed energy decision-making and improve energy policies in this region, including Hong Kong, by creating new knowledge, providing practical policy recommendations, promoting knowledge exchange, and facilitating stakeholder engagement. We undertake interdisciplinary collaborative research projects, organize academic workshops, public seminars and other engagement events.