Information for Authors
- No Charge
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Reference Style
- Licenses and Copyright
- General Terms and Conditions of Use
No ChargeJAES is an open-access journal supported by the HKBU Library, the Asian Energy Studies Centre, and volunteer editors. We do not charge Article Processing Charges (APCs), nor do we charge library subscriptions.
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Journal of Asian Energy Studies, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at JAES. If you have concerns about the submission terms for JAES, please contact the editors.
Please adhere to the following requirements when preparing your article to expedite the publication process.
- Manuscripts must be submitted through the online submission.
- A title of the work, an abstract of less than 250 words, and not more than 6 keywords are needed.
- Submit the manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single MS Word file.
- To permit anonymity for refereeing, the author’s name should not appear on the manuscript.
- All submissions must be in English.
- There is no length limit, but authors should exercise some discretion with respect to length.
- Footnotes should be avoided.
- All diagrams and graphs should be referred to as Figures and be numbered consecutively followed by a title.
- Tables should be numbered consecutively followed by a title.
- Equations should be editable and not appear in a picture format.
- Please follow the referencing style specified below.
It is the author's obligation to provide complete references with the
necessary information. References should appear right after the end of the document.
Text: Indicate references by number(s) in square brackets in line with the text. List: Number the references (numbers in square brackets) in the list in the order in which they appear in the text.
 Tang CF, Tan BW, Ozturk I. Energy consumption and economic growth in Vietnam. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2016;54:1506-14.
 Bulkeley H. Cities and Climate Change. Oxon: Routledge; 2013.
 Lo K. Grassroots Environmentalism and Low-Carbon Cities. In: Dhakal S, Ruth M, editors. Creating Low Carbon Cities. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2017. p. 43-50.
Open Access Policy
All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the HKBU Institutional Repository website and/or software agree not to misuse the HKBU Institutional Repository service or software in any way.
The failure of HKBU Institutional Repository to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between HKBU Institutional Repository and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.